MOBILE FOR MEDIA
The founders of LSN Mobile saw an untapped opportunity with respect to the delivery of high quality newsworthy content directly to mobile devices. They saw value-seeking consumers looking for local content to complement and enhance their mobile lifestyle. They also knew that local broadcasters and brand advertisers would like to extend their reach to the mobile consumer market.
LSN Mobile built a locally-centric mobile media platform, which allowed seamless delivery of news from broadcast TV stations to mobile devices. Importantly, LSN Mobile developed strong relationships with the wireless carrier industry so that nearly all consumers, regardless of carrier they select, would be able to access this content on their phone.
Exclusivity and rev-share agreements were a central part of the initial business model. As relationships grew and business scaled, the mobile network evolved into an advertising engine where businesses and organizations could quickly and effectively extend their brands and products beyond the traditional mix. This model has led to what we now call mobile marketing.
- Local mobile presence in all 210 DMA's in the US, reaching over 270 million mobile subscribers
- Largest network of mobile news in the US
- Exclusive partnerships with all top wireless carriers
- Over 150 million monthly page views
- One of the largest Hispanic mobile audiences in the US
- Free to consumers
- Consistently ranked in the top 10 of FREE iPhone apps
- Generates revenue from advertising and sponsorship sales